Sunday, January 29, 2012

Advice on hair irons - CHI?

After somewhat hesitation, I broke down and bought the turbo chi hair straightner for 73 dollars. (on sale)





I know that people have had trouble with it because the heating mechanism would stop working. I also read somewhere that hair straightners usually stop working within a few months especially if they are left on a lot, and used everyday.





I don't straighten my hair everyday, probably once or twice a week, at the most three, and I always unplug it whenever I'm done.





Will I have any luck making it last for at least a year?Advice on hair irons - CHI?
I have never tried the CHI so I can't give you advice on that BUT if you decide you DON'T like the Chi and want to try something different, read the following!





My hair's natural state is frizzy and coarse and I could never get my hair really flat with just a blow dryer or with just a cheap Conair type flat iron. What I discovered about 10 years ago that has changed my life is the gold plated Helen of Troy straightener. I hear alot of people talk about ceramic plates but I still like the gold plates personally. I have used that brand for 10 years and have only gone through 2 irons in that time...they last forever! I straighten my hair about 3 times a week and turn it off when I'm done as well.





I heat it up about 3/4 the way to the highest setting, make sure my hair is completely dry and then do it in sections. My hair is not at all frizzy or puffy. I usually also use a hair shine spray on each section before running the iron over it. Also, it's only going to cost you around $40-$50, not $70!Advice on hair irons - CHI?
i'm pretty sure CHI has a lifetime warranty on their straighteners

No comments:

Post a Comment